About this Blog

This Blog is for friends and family to receive updates on my adventure in Afghanistan. I'll try to update it on a regular basis, post pictures, and tell you a little bit about my experiences (both the good and the bad)!

Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and BEAT ARMY.

Monday, October 19, 2009

20 October

In Bagram (just north of Kabul) for the week.  Amazing sea of humanity here.  Very diverse -- Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines and tons of civilians in every size, shape, color and age.  This is one of the largest bases in Afgh.  Every kind of support and operation originates here.

The weather is beautiful but dusty.  The view of the snow-capped mountains in the distance is spectacular.

Received a lot of briefings and current updates.  We definitely have our work cut out for us but there some promising signs.

The Army runs the base and I'm continually amazed at the Army way of doing business.  Sleeping arrangements and toilets, showers are adequate.  I'm in a 5-man bunk room with just two others.  Very lumpy spring mattress!

As time goes on, I'll add some pictures I took.  Can't show everything but some snippets will give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment